note pads (was Re: Is Linux a desktop operating system?)

Paul M. Bucalo ubuntuser at pmbservices.com
Sat May 28 16:11:24 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 20:45 -0400, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> John Levin wrote:
>
> >> I use keynote but am switching to notecase for my writing.  I find  it
> >> helpful to be able to collect info in different bins.  but these
> >> tools are not quiet good enough.
>
> quiet == quite (classic speako)

I do that all the time. My fingers flutter along faster than my
meandering mind can keep up. ;0)

<...>

> > So where did you get notecase from? I'm presuming you're talking  about
> > this:
> > http://notecase.sourceforge.net/
>
> yup
>
> > Did you compile it for Ubuntu?
>
> no. using it on windows where I can dictate.

<..>

> > I am sorely tempted to go compile it right now ... if I get
> > encouragement, then ... well, we'll see.
>
> go on. do it do it doit.

Yes, please do, and let us know what you needed to add to your Ubuntu
system to make it work. I tried a quick stab at it and it told me I
needed unix2dos, which apparently is not on mine and not available
through the Ubuntu mirrors.

Btw, the screenshot looks a lot like that of TreePad. I would like to do
a comparisons some time and see which is more usable. I'd gladly move on
if there was something better.

Paul