Help configure Apache2 for https under 5.04 please?

mark at bigdaddyo.com mark at bigdaddyo.com
Sat May 28 06:16:33 UTC 2005

I managed to get Apache2 working, but I want to get https working now -
specifically for Squirrelmail.  I've searched the web for instructions,
but haven't found anything Ubuntu 5.04 specific.  As a result, the
instructions don't match my configuration at all.  Config files are in
different directories and contain different data.

I'm guessing I have to put something in my /etc/apache2/apache2.conf file,
something in /etc/apache2/ports.conf and something in /etc/apache2/ssl/
which is currently an empty directory.

Through trial and error, I was able to add a symbolic link from
/usr/share/squirrelmail to the /var/www directory so that Squirrelmail
works with http.  I'm not sure if this is the proper way to do it.
Ultimately, I want https.

BTW, I've been using Synaptic to install all applications.  It would be
very nice if there were some documentation for each application explaining
how to configure them.  Maybe this exists, but I haven't found it.

If there is some documentation that will help, please point me to it.

Thanks