Is Linux a desktop operating system?

Paul M. Bucalo ubuntuser at pmbservices.com
Fri May 27 20:44:29 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 14:56 -0400, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> David Kaisemann wrote:
> > There is no jobs (works, things, etc.) that can't be done in
> > Linux!
>
> err umm..
>
> http://www.writewaypro.com/
> http://www.ravensheadservices.com/

Eric,

Your comment about lack of writing software lead me here after a quick
search through Google:

http://paperfrog.com/blog/archives/000254.php

I'm sure you are correct about software designed to make a writer's task
easier, however, many of us do well enough with more generic software
programs in Linux, as suggested by the article above. As a matter of
fact, I still have a Tandy TRS-80 Model 100 Portable Computer, which was
in its hay-day the standard for many journalists in the field.

Paul :0)