Evolution spam filtering

Brian Pack darkaudit at gmail.com
Fri May 27 20:35:37 UTC 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 11:17 am, Luis Murillo wrote:
> I installed spamassassin and just checked both boxes in Evolution and
> now the spam filtering works very well, the only thing I would complain
> about is that it makes the message download very slow, but I haven't
> gotten a single message of spam up to now :)
>
> On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 23:08 +1000, Robert L Parker wrote:
> [...]
>
> > The default installation has bogofilter installed so my next question is
> > how do I get Evolution using it? The help system states that it uses
> > spamassassin but is otherwise useless.

Because Evolution wanted to check *all* incoming mail, it would choke on the
combined weight of Debian-user and Ubuntu-users. I had to leave it running
24/7, and check for incoming every 5 minutes to keep it from hanging up. It
was either that, or forget about spam filtering.

I've switched to Kmail, where I can have the spam filter do it's thing after
all the mailing list mail has been sent to the proper folders. That lessens
the load quite a bit.

AND... I just got back from the local Barnes & Noble (which has Linux
magazines *prominently* displayed at the first rack as you enter :)), and
after reading the review in Linux Format, I'm tempted to give Thunderbird a
spin. 9/10 in the ratings. We'll see 'bout that...

--
http://www.livejournal.com/users/darkaudit/