aptitude changelog

Thomas Hofer th at monochrom.at
Fri May 27 09:02:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

According to the aptitude man page the command "aptitude changelog
packagename" downloads and displays the Debian changelog of the given
package.

This feature doesn't work with Ubuntu packages (e.g. "E: kdelibs is not
an official Debian package, cannot display its changelog.")

When I update my system, I'd like to see the changelogs for all packages
before the installation starts. Is there any way to do that?

I know I could download all packages, extract them and read the
changelogs; but is there a more convenient way? And is it really
neccessary to download a 40 MB package, only to read the changelog?

Thanks,
Thomas.