Upgrade of applications

Kreg Schlosser liberaltugboat at gmail.com
Fri May 27 05:29:22 UTC 2005

I have heard mixed responses to the backports project. Seems like some
people recommend them (tends to be users) and then others say they are
a bad thing (some devs) Since you are going to get the most up to day
packages in 5 months, to me it isnt a huge deal to wait.
As for Open Office... the beta version is in the universe repos for
you to download, and it seems pretty stable for beta (the windows
version you are using is also beta)
unless there is a MUST HAVE feature in the new release you need NOW,
stick with the excellent software that is in ubuntu now and wait to
upgrade when breezy comes out. (or switch to it a month or 2 early to
get it a little quicker... it tends to be pretty useable by then)