[Hoary] acpi not working properly - no fan control

Evan Monroig evan.ubuntu at gmail.com
Fri May 27 04:21:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

ACPI seems not to take care very well my desktop computer. I have a
lot of errors in dmesg, and almost no files in /proc/acpi
Also, the fan is continuously active, which means that there is no fan
control. However, shutting down or restarting the computer works fine,
so there is some support.

I have attached the outputs of the following commands:
+ lspci
+ lspci -vvv
+ dmesg
+ find /proc/acpi -type f