Hoary on IBM X40 Network configuration

Tony tony.kruse at gmail.com
Fri May 27 00:56:17 UTC 2005

I use my X40 laptop at several locations, some wireless, some Ethernet
and various configurations.

When I boot the laptop it must always go through and attempt to find a
network or time out.  I would like to leave the various configurations
in place, however not to auto-activate on boot.  I don't see how to do
this with the Network Settings GUI that comes on Hoary.

If I uncheck "This device is configured" under Properties, will this
delete the configuration or just deactivate it?

I don't want to delete any configurations, only set them not to
auto-activate on boot.

Thanks,
Tony