dpkg-buildpackage and update-notifier

Tomas Krag tt at krag.org
Thu May 26 16:11:37 UTC 2005

Hi,

I really like the update-notifier and the way it makes keeping my ubuntu
(hoary) up to date easy and painless. Unfortunately I had to recompile a
package on my laptop using apt-get source and dpkg-buildpackage and after
that update-notifier is trying to upgrade that package to one with the
same version number from the deb archive.

Is there a way to exclude packages from update-notifier, or is there
something I can do while using dpkg-buildpackage to prevent the system
from "downgrading" the package again?

Thanks

/tomas