[hoary] openoffice (really) slow

toyfactory toyfactory at xsmail.com
Thu May 26 11:54:10 UTC 2005

James Tappin wrote:
> On Thu, 26 May 2005 19:02:48 +0900
> toyfactory <toyfactory at xsmail.com> wrote:
>
> T> Hi, recently OO has stopped working properly.  It takes about three
> T> or four minutes to start, when it used to take about 30 sec.  How do
> T> I (a) fix it, or (b) find out what's causing the problem and then
> T> (a)?  I think it's got something to do with software I installed
> T> recently (perhaps SCIM or UIM for multilingual text input) but I
> T> don't really have much more to go on.
>
> I know this may sound daft -- but have you checked your clock setting? I
> had a similar problem that turned out to be due to the clock having
> managed to get set to 1-Jan-1904.

Interesting, but my time and date are set correctly.  When I start OO
everything goes fine, the splash screen comes up and the little blue
progress bar goes across and then... the wait begins.

I've checked the software I've installed but I have all that and more
installed on another machine without problems.  I wonder if some
settings have gone screwy.  Would removing and reinstalling OO be worth
a try?

Nick