Search for Packages in the Ubuntu Repository

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu May 26 07:21:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 10:19:28PM +0200, Simon Santoro wrote:
>I think this could be interesting for Ubuntu Users.
>tar xvzf the attachment in /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/searchplugins, and
>in firefox you will be able to select and search for packages in the
>deb repository by selecting the proper icon on the upper left on the
>firefox window.
>
>I thought to put this on a web space, but I think this small attachment
>will not make anyone sad.
>
>(Check the source of the file before you untar them in the firefox folder)

Cool idea. It might be worth pointing out that it's quite easy to set up
a QuickSearch that accomplishes the same thing, and your fingers don't
need to leave the keyboard to use it :-)

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

We need to start teaching programming and hacking in first grade, or
better, earlier.
     -- Bob Frankston