Hoary - Fonts in OpenOffice

S. Donig my-mailfloods at web.de
Wed May 25 13:34:54 UTC 2005

Am Mittwoch, den 25.05.2005, 04:25 -0400 schrieb Sionide:
> What are the locations of the fonts folder if you're using a terminal?
> I'm sure one of them is /home/<user>/.fonts ??
Definitely. Besides /usr/share/fonts/<AndAllSubdirs> is a good place to
start with.

> I'm confused, why is there more than one place to keep them?
Well the above is a user/adminsitrator division which should allow users
the installation of fonts without messing up the system, I guess.
But there is a whole lot more (if you look in head of your xorg.conf
e.g.) and I remember fonts on debian installed in rather odd
directories. Why that is? No idea. Maybe for historical reasons?
So that different applications can be directed to different folders?
Nonetheless if you're using nautilus they'll end all up in one
directory.