recording sound

toyfactory toyfactory at xsmail.com
Wed May 25 12:07:08 UTC 2005

Poked around in Synaptic I found 'rawrec', from Universe:

Buffered raw audio recorder/player
The rawrec/rawplay utilities provide a simple way to record or play
back raw audio data.  Options exist to control the timing of the run,
add silent guard time, jump into data files, set DSP parameters, and
control buffer size and latency.  rawrec should be particularly useful
for scripting applications that need to deal with raw audio data.

It seems to allow me to record OK, but I still can't get the webcam's
mixer to work.  Oh well, I guess it's good enough for now.

Nick