evolution processes

Michaël Van Dorpe michael.vandorpe at gmail.com
Wed May 25 10:08:50 UTC 2005

 From the system monitor, I can see that I'm running both
evolution-data-server-1.2 and evolution-exchange-storage. These two are
always running in the background. However, I almost never need
evolution. I use Thunderbird for my e-mail. The only thing I use
evolution for, is the drop-down calendar under the clock applet on the
upper panel of my desktop. I rarely add new events to that calender, but
I just want them to be there when I open that drop-down thing.

Does anyone know what these two processes do and how much of them I can
remove while keeping the calendar applet functionality in my gnome
panel? Also, is it possible to feed the calendar applet with a calendar
file other than the one used in evolution?

Thank you!

Michaël Van Dorpe