local harddisks mounted to /mnt or /media won't show up on the desktop

S. Donig my-mailfloods at web.de
Wed May 25 07:38:50 UTC 2005

Thanks Gábor, thanks to all.

That's it. Is there a known workaround?
Maybe there's a way to execute dbus-1 restart during the gnome startup?

There's another funny thing. When I plug in my external harddisk now, it
gets mounted and opens nautilus automatically, just as it is supposed to
be. But no icon once again. The funny thing: If I had plugged it in
before the d-bus restart the icon would have been displayed with a
certainty of, say, 99,9%. Such is life...
By the way: restarting d-bus once again won't make things any better. :(