Filing bugs on apps that only appear in Debian menu? [was: Re: Hoary - Debian Menu Appeared]

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed May 25 06:35:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 07:18:33PM -0700, Ed Fletcher wrote:

>Second issue.  ;-)
>
>Upgraded Warty to Hoary.  I now have a Debian menu in 'Applications'
>between 'Accessories' and 'Games'.  Don't know how it got there.  Don't
>want it there.  I expect that something got loaded that shouldn't have.
>~ Any ideas as to what I should tell Synaptic to get remove?

I have explicitly installed the menu and menu-xdg packages since there
are a few tools I use that only show up in the Debian menu (they all
live in Universe). Would it a good idea to file bugs against those
packages to get them into the regular Gnome menu?

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.