Gambas missing kde components

Chris Wilson blixtra at gmail.com
Tue May 24 22:35:43 UTC 2005

On 5/24/05, paul cooke <paul.cooke100 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Monday 23 May 2005 02:29, Chris Wilson wrote:
> > I programmed a small databank program using Gambas on a Suse box and
> > today tried to move it over to ubuntu but it seems as if the build of
> > gambas in universe is missing kde support.
> >
> > Before I go build it, does anyone how to get the kde components
> > working on ubuntu?
> >
> > I've got k3b installed so kde-base and so on are installed.
> >

> launch synaptic
>
> do a search on gambas
>
> make sure everything that comes up in that list is selected
>
> apply
>
> wait a few moments
>

> it's not KDE support that you are looking for, it's QT support.

Actually no, I need the kde components. The components I need are
gb.qt.kde and gb.qt.kde.html which provide things like the date picker
and khtml.

One can get a dev version (also with alpha gtk support) from the
following repository:

deb http://www.linex.org/sources/linex/debian/ cl gambas

Seems to work fine for my needs but it'd be nice if ALL the standard
gambas bits were in universe.

Hope that helps,
Chris