gkrellm skins and synaptic

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 24 19:02:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 19:50 +0100, david wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 13:19 -0500, Charles Malespin wrote:
> > Is there a repo that has some gkrellm skins? I am looking for the
> > invisible skin, but I cant seem to find where/how to get and install it.
> > I am new to ubuntu so I am still kinda getting used to not using rpms
> > and things like that. Thanks!
> > Charles
> >

> Go here
> http://www.muhri.net/gkrellm/
> Go to bottom of page and in the search window type "invisible".
> In the page that opens up, right click on the image and choose "save
> target as".
>
> regards
>
> nux

Make that "save link as" (apologies).
Then, copy the .tar.gz file to /home/xxx/.gkrellm/themes (where xxx is
your user area), then right click on invisible.tar.gz and choose "open
with archive manager" and click on extract. The path will default to the
dir you are currently in. This method is easier than using "extract
here" which extracts everything into an unasked for new folder.
The theme will now show up in the gkrellm config window.

nux