Warty won't boot - fstab error

Raghu Vemuri raghu.vemuri at gmail.com
Tue May 24 18:33:02 UTC 2005

Curt Tresenriter wrote:

>Hmmm...
>vi /mnt/sda1/etc/fstab is a (blank) new file.
>
>Same result if I first cd to /mnt/sda1 then vi etc/fstab.

ok, which means we are looking at the wrong partition.
I had assumed that /mnt/sda1 was the root partition for the system
installed on the Hard disk.  The idea is to find out which partition is
the root partition.
The Live CD will try to mount all the partitions it finds on your SATA
hard disk.

try to look for the file etc/fstab in each of partition.  I am hoping
that there is only one such file.
e.g.

ls -l /mnt/sda2/etc/fstab
ls -l /mnt/sda3/etc/fstab
... etc

hopefully you will find the fstab file which has the
"errrors=remount-ro" line so you can fix it.

--
Raghu