Counting the Universe Packages aka Ubuntu's Usage Statistic

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski opi at cyb3r.org
Tue May 24 06:37:50 UTC 2005

 I've posted a small info about a toy-tool I developed for MOTU on
Ubuntu-Devel, but since there's a C++ transaction going, I had no reply, so I
decited to release it into wild.

 The point is: get the list of most used packages from Universe and pass this
list to the MOTU-guys so they could take care about the unmaintainted
packages that are commonly used (if possible;-).

 Notice: I know about PopularityContest, but since I don't know whatever MOTU
are getting the numbers, I decited to write it anyway. ;-P

 http://bronikowski.com/uus/

--
 Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski, http://bronikowski.com
 Monkey see, monkey do. Rather be dead than cool.