ipw2200 + Laptop + Hoary = Mess?

zer0halo zerohalo at gmail.com
Mon May 23 23:48:06 UTC 2005

I'm sorry I don't have any solutions to offer, but I do have a laptop
with ipw2200 and the wireless has worked "out of the box" with Hoary -
no steps or tweaks needed. I've used it extensively without the
wireless droping the connection. Could it possibly be a hardware
problem?

On 5/23/05, Dan Svarreby <dan.svarreby at home.se> wrote:
> Hi "List"
>
> I have been struggling with getting ipw2200 to work on my laptop during
> the past
> 3-4 days. At this point everything is working except one thing; my
> wireless connection
> drops after a very short period of time (it's a matter of minutes).
>
> I have read in the forum about a "Quick-&-Dirty Trick" wich means that
> one could
> run a script that automatically checks if the connection is up or not
> (checking if the AP's
> MAC-address is reachable).
>
> Are there any readers that know of any other working methods to "fix"
> this annoying problem?
>
> /Dan

"Impossible is nothing."