Is Linux a desktop operating system?

Luis Murillo lmurillo at gmx.net
Mon May 23 23:24:39 UTC 2005

Well I have been using Linux for a couple of years now and I only find
that it lacks "power" in the office area, by this I mean that I still
prefer to do my multimedia presentations in PowerPoint. For my
"Introduction to Linux" presentation I made it in PowerPoint and then
added the effects and some details in OpenOffice.org. For my documents I
use AbiWord in Linux and Windows, but my sister for example prefers to
do them in Word. For anything else I still prefer Linux.
So what I always say is that work still needs to be done in the Office
area, but then again that's just my opinion :)

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 06:27 +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> On 5/24/05, Tony Arnold <tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> > I was amused, and slightly irritated by a comment made on a programme on
> > the BBC this evening. A transcript of the piece can be found at
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/4565581.stm

[...]
--
Luis Murillo M.
lmurillo at gmx.net
Heredia, Costa Rica

GPG KeyID: D66B35FD
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D66B35FD