upgrade problems

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon May 23 21:35:47 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 11:55:54AM +0200, Erik Bågfors wrote:
>On 5/23/05, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 02:43:30PM -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
>> >

>> >Trying to upgrade Synaptic and this is what Synaptic tells me. I have
>> >all the regular rep[ositories in the sources list plus the backport
>> >mirror.
>> >
>> >Any solutions ?
>>
>> I assume this is related to Breezy rather than Hoary since I haven't
>> seen any updates to synaptic myself. In the future, please point out
>> that your question is regarding Breezy, that way you will get better
>> answers.
>
>Why would anyone have backports enabled in breezy? Doesn't make sence.
>I assume this is really about hoary and the backport repository is
>broken.

Ah, yes, of course. Sorry about that, I missed the part about backports.
So my earlier reply can be disregarded!

>I really think backports do more bad than good.  Wait 5 months instead
>of doing backports :)

I agree fully.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

To the consumer, cryptography is a shadowy protective entity --
something like Batman -- kind of menacing but on the side of justice,
and endowed with mystic powers.
     -- Bruce Schneier, Secrets and Lies