Hoary install problems

Frank McCormick fmccormick at videotron.ca
Mon May 23 20:55:12 UTC 2005

Bit the bullet - and installed Hoary on my second partition today - and
need some help.

Its didn't recognize my network card (smc-ultra) so I went in and
manually added it to modules in /etc.

Then I called up the network interface, and entered DHCP as I have cable
highspeed.

Now when it boots I still don't have internet access and the boot
process pauses for about 15 secs at configuring network interface.
It then says registered protocol family 17 whatever that is and
continues the boot. It is recognizing the card now as I checked in the
logs.

I am stuck here and have to reboot into Warty everytime I want internet
access.

The Hoary installation also didn't find my integrated sound card ( the
box is an HP Vectra)

Can anyone provide some advice?

Doesn't seem to me I had as much trouble with Warty.

Cheers