freezing problems

James Wilkinson ubuntu at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon May 23 16:46:11 UTC 2005

lee_connell wrote:
> You guys get lost????

Some of us have lives outside Ubuntu...

> Seems that when i ran fglrxconfig and copied the fglrx driver section
> out of the XFree86 config file written and copied it into my xorg.conf
> file it fixed the freezing problem atleast i havnt had it in two days
> now.  this is with dri also.

Sounds like you've switched from the free drivers to the commercial
ones, too.

Basically, you've replaced the entire driver (with the bugs you were
encountering) to another driver with a different set of bugs.

It sound as though it's a worthwhile trade-off for you.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "Bill Gates' School Report":
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Every time you ask him to do something, he breaks down,