Installation report for Acer TravelMate 8100

Thomas Sénikiès stratboy61 at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 12:50:35 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I am a complete newbie who wants to start using linux after spending many
years on windows.
My new laptop is an Acer TravelMate 8100.
I tried installing the latest version of ubuntu as advised somewhere on the
Acer web site.

My installation went fine, but it eventually turned the monitor blank at the
end of it.  I assume that it tried to display the graphical environment
(XWindow), and something went wrong with my LCD screen.
I have no idea about what to do to change the display...  I can still access
ubuntu in console mode when I select it in the dual boot menu.  I checked my
xorg.conf file, but it does not look different from the ones I saw on the
internet.

Has anyone experienced this problem ?  I also saw the BIOS not found
error...
Thank you in advance for your answers
Cheers