ubuntu and surround sound 5.1

Neil Woolford neil at neilwoolford.co.uk
Sun May 22 18:12:01 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 02:18 +1000, Serg Belokamen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a 5.1 surround sound setup, however when I play something (E.g.
> Through XMMS or Kaffeine) I only get sound output on 4 speakers (and
> bass) rather  then all 5.

I get the same when playing DVDs through Totem-xine.  I just assumed
that none of my DVDs had centre front sound.

I've had a quick search of the Ubuntu Bugzilla without finding anything.

Perhaps this is a bug and should be reported if other people are
suffering it.

What soundcard are you using?  Mine is an old Soundblaster Live (I
think!).

Neil