Modem not found on Hibernate mode

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat May 21 17:52:52 UTC 2005

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 06:47:12AM +0300, foinux wrote:
>this the most important feature for us its save our time and money and
>i think you el so know that , but if I'm doing hibernate and than run
>ubuntu again all things at this point fine ,but unexpect i can not
>active my modem like before on normal startup , than i need to restart
>to get it work fine for me again.
>
>if i go to Network "on Hibernate" than to Modem from properties to do
>auto check "not found" ?
>
>is there any idea around this.

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I am able to prevent to have
to reboot by stopping the modem daemon (/etc/init.d/sl-modem-daemon
stop) and removing the kernel module (rmmod snd_i8x0m). Then I restart
sl-modem-daemon.

So far I haven't been able to automate it in the hibernate script
though.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think 'I know, I'll use
regular expressions.' Now they have two problems.
     -- Jamie Zawinski