active DMA on boot "DVD/CDROM"

Kreg Schlosser liberaltugboat at gmail.com
Sat May 21 07:49:25 UTC 2005

Paul, while moving hdparm in the boot up to a later point fixes the
message, you now no longer have DMA during boot up on you hard drive,
which will slow boot up.
Just ignore the "error" about hdc not being there... it still enables
DMA on the drive in hdparm.
Suggesting for people to mess with the rcS.d might lead some into trouble