how can i see how many sistems on my laptop?

Michael Beattie mtbeedee at gmail.com
Fri May 20 18:54:56 UTC 2005

On 5/20/05, Elcin Bextiyar Memmedzade
<arazaxirelcinellersadolur at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>  i recently installed on my laptop Ubuntu hoary. when it ask me for
> partition, i have made some changes for the second time in my life
> installing linux sistem. but i am not sure that i do clean that win xp from
> my laptop or not.  when i turn on my laptop, it do not ask me for different
> sistem launching... but , i wonder if i did not make smth. that make it to
> ask me about that.
>  so, how can i see how many sistems on my laptop?
>  best regards,

Normally GRUB will show you what systems are there to boot.  You can
type "mount" to see if your / partition is mounted on /dev/hda1.
Additionally you can also check what partitions you have available by
using fdisk "sudo fdisk /dev/hda" and then pressing p to print the
partition table.  That will let you see if there's an NTFS partition
that windows is on.