apt-watch

Carsten carscht at jpberlin.de
Fri May 20 16:45:12 UTC 2005

Frank McCormick schrieb:

Hi,

> Just installed apt-watch on the panel --- it downloaded 60 megs of
> upgrades...but then when I tried to get it to run synaptic, it refused
> the root password ( I don't have a root account). Is this a bug or am I
> missing something ?

Is there any reason for which you don't use ubuntu-notifier instead? As
far as I can see the functionaliy of both is pretty much the same.
ubuntu-notifier uses gnome-sudo while you probably have to call
apt-watch with sudo per command line to give it root permissions. If you
don't, it asks for the root password when started and as you don't have
one set you can't enter it. :-)
Carsten