Compaq Presario 2100

Troy Davidson clandaith at gmail.com
Fri May 20 13:45:27 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I am about to take my first steps into Ubuntu, specifically Kubuntu.
I have been a Mandrake fan for years, but went to their latest release
on my laptop and have had poor support for hardware where the support
was there before.

Anyway, I figure I will give Ubuntu a try.  I am curious how Ubuntu
does on the Compaq Presario 2100 laptop.  I read a few sites,  and
some messages from the Ubuntu forums, but they are all older posts.

Are there any gotchas that I should be aware of before I take the
leap?  How does ACPI support go?  Is it easy to get working?  This
used to work on Mandrake, but now with their newest release, it only
partially works.

Thanks for the help.  I'm sure I will post other questions as they arise.