Internet Filtering Solution

Christoph Georgi christoph.georgi at web.de
Thu May 19 23:42:42 UTC 2005

the best solution that spings into my mind is to install squid [1] and
squid guard [2]. squid is a proxy server and squid guard a redirector.
with the latter you can prevent certain urls to be visited by certain
users/user groups using blacklists that are available on the internet.
However, setting the whole thing up requires some expertise.. :-/

another solution would be to blacklist or whitelist IPs using iptables,
but I suppose that even more complicated as the such lists afaik don't
exist for iptables.

christoph

[1] http://www.squid-cache.org/
[2] http://www.squidguard.org/