active DMA on boot "DVD/CDROM"

Gerhard Gaußling ggrubbish at web.de
Thu May 19 19:47:11 UTC 2005

Am Donnerstag 19 Mai 2005 19:27 schrieb foinux:
> but on boot procsser i see this message "/dev/hdc : no such file or
> directory "
>
> what should i do than ?

lsmod ? ans `ls -l /dev/sc* /dev/sr*`
Maybe youre drive is managed by ide-scsi an aüppears as /dev/scd0.
I got no clue how to avoid that the kernel uses ide-scsi instead of
ide-cd.
I got all sections in /etc/modules commented out (with the '#'
character), but that doesn't work.

See also:
ATAPI DVD-Drive is slow, but can't set dma: HDIO_SET_DMA failed:
Operation not permitted (the last message):
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/33918

and:

nforce4, Harddisk SATA, DVD-Burner ATAPI: How can I keep ide-scsi from
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.ports.amd64/9037

kind regards

Gerhard