HP Printers, HPLIP

David Foster dbfoster at gmail.com
Thu May 19 14:03:28 UTC 2005

Saw this on freshmeat today!

> 05/16/05: HPLIP 0.9.3 releases providing fixes and enhancements.

  Nice to see HP providing what looks like very complete driver
support, and they continue to  improve.  I noticed if  I apt-get
hplip  in  Hoary  I can get version 8.7-4  from  universe.  I'm
tempted  to  try  it  just  to  see  the difference.
  Has anyone else tried it.  I have  a  photosmart 7260  that works
well but I have to go to windows to do printer maintenance and cartage
alignment.