encoding video for dvd burning

Michael Beattie mtbeedee at gmail.com
Thu May 19 13:11:25 UTC 2005

On 5/19/05, Larry Grover <lgrover at zoominternet.net> wrote:
> Michael Beattie wrote:
> > Thanks for all the help... I have a quick question.  Do you know how
> > to change one of these into a more usable format?  I dont need
> > anything complicated but I have tried mplayer and ffmpeg and I cant
> > get any of them to accept it.
> >
> > $ file mvi_0077.avi
> > mvi_0077.avi: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 320 x 240, ~15 fps,
> > video: Motion JPEG, audio: uncompressed PCM (mono, 11024 Hz)
>
> Can you clarify, which format are you having trouble playing:  the
> mpeg2 video you made for burning to dvd? the dvd itself? or the
> original AVI file?
>
> Thanks,
> Larry

This is actually a different file from a different camera.  This one
comes off a canon sd110.  The other stuff you said worked beautifully
for what I was doing before.  But if you have a way of encoding that
thing into a format that mplayer could use, I can just use the
mencoder process you specified before to work with it.

Thanks