freezing problems

James Wilkinson ubuntu at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu May 19 12:08:52 UTC 2005

lee_connell wrote:
> Did anyone come up with a solution for this as i'm getting PISSED
> OFF!!!!!
>
> I've been running XFCE instead of GNOME for about an hour and havn't
> had a problem yet, not sure what the deal is.

I can't see any other posts from you. Which hardware do you have? What
have you tried? What exactly is the problem you are having with your
computer? I assume, given the title, that it's freezing: is it doing it
without you logged in? While you're logged in and using it (and if so,
which programs are you using)? While you're away from the computer?

Have you tried the memtest86 from the grub menu?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "[What's] the Eight-fold Path?"
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | "A path -- with eight folds in it."