Volume control

Niran Babalola iamniran at gmail.com
Wed May 18 20:55:49 UTC 2005

I'm using Ubuntu on a Dell 700m, which doesn't have a hardware volume
control knob. It saddens me. It has function keys on the keyboard to
control the volume with, and I used the Keyboard Shortcuts preferences
dialog to set them up. The problem is, the master volume control
doesn't do anything for some reason. Only changing the PCM volume
level has the desired effect. Is there any way to get the keyboard
shortcuts to change the PCM volume level, or more desirably, get the
master volume control to actually do something?

- Niran