Centrino wireless with additional ethernet adapter

Jeff Elkins jeffelkins at earthlink.net
Wed May 18 14:48:12 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 08:49 pm, CAPTAIN RON FL wrote:
> Do you have to have a key..."key MYHEXPASS".... or can you leave this
> out? Also will this work in Gnome? I am having problems with my Toshiba
> laptop getting on line.
>
> I have a Netgear WG511 card. I think it sees the card, but DHCP does
> not seem to work.
> I was able to get the built in lan to work though.

>I am looking for some way to get my wireless to work.

This card is a real PITA to set up, but I have  it running under debian sid.
It's been over a year, so all I remember is two days of muttering "why'd I
buy this damn thing", but it eventually worked. I had to compile modules and
track down firmware.

Try: //www.atheros.com/news/linux.html

I just installed ifplugd per John's suggestion and it works great with the
netgear and with the centrino adapters. Thanks all for the help.

Jeff