Getting the mic to work on a Thinkpad?

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed May 18 05:27:04 UTC 2005

I'm having real issue's getting the microphone to work on this laptop..
The laptop appears to "see" the mic, but it doesn't matter how much I
fiddle and configure it I seem to get no input from it.
lspci show :
0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM
AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)

lsmod shows :
snd_intel8x0           32352  3
snd_ac97_codec         74144  1 snd_intel8x0
snd_pcm_oss            52132  0
snd_mixer_oss          19680  2 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm                94696  3 snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd_timer              25060  1 snd_pcm
snd                    55012  10
snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore              10016  2 snd
snd_page_alloc          9732  2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm

and alsamixer says that it's not muted..
Normal sound plays ok, It just seems to be the mic.. The last time I
ran windows on this PC it was working (12 months ago) so I'm pretty
sure it's not "broken" as such.

Any ideas?

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
Our OS who art in CPU, LINUX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy