[Hoary] ADSL connection stops working after 2.5 hours of uptime

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Wed May 18 00:02:43 UTC 2005

ti, 2005-05-17 kello 23:24 +0100, James Wilkinson kirjoitti:

> If not, tell him to grab the IP address and gateway address by clicking
> the Properties button.  On my machine, they're 192.168.0.250 and
> 192.168.0.254 (respectively).

He's, as mine, connection uses DHCP and the IP and gateway addresses
don't appear in the properties window (at least I think DHCP is the
reason). Is there another way to find out those addresses?

> What sort of external ADSL device? If it's a router (most of them are),
> chances are that you'll have 192.168.x.y addresses [1].

If I remember right it's a router (can't reach my brother right now to
ask the model). If 192.168.0.250 or 192.168.0.254 doesn't work, does he
have to search through 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 until he finds the
right one?

> What sort of ethernet card is he using?

The ethernet card is embedded into the motherboard. The motherboard is
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and it has two LAN ports. The other one is

Marvell 88E8001 Gigabit Lan PCI

and the other

MCP-T integrated NVIDIA MAC + Realtek 8201BL PHY

Sorry again, I can't ask him right now to find out which one is at use.
Anyway it's the one that was picked by the installer.

Thanks a lot James so far, I really appreciate your help :-)

Ari