[Hoary] ADSL connection stops working after 2.5 hours of uptime

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Tue May 17 23:15:00 UTC 2005

ti, 2005-05-17 kello 21:46 +0100, Daniel de Zille kirjoitti:

Hi,

Line breaks didn't work for your message, so I had to improvise a
little:

>My ADSL modem itself kept having to be reset so I gave them a call and
an engineer came out, did some fiddling and my connection was back to
normal.

I tried to reset the ADSL modem, but that didn't bring back the
connection.

>Has your brother tried the XP machine more than once for extended
periods of time? If not then it may be worth trying, if only to rule out
a faulty line.

He tried XP only once, but the problem was there before that and right
after, so it's unlikely that the line would have been OK for just that
period. On the other hand it's not impossible and I'll tell my brother
to try again.

>Hope this advice helps, I know the pain of talking people through tech issues over the phone so wish you luck

Thanks Daniel :-)

Ari