Bluetooth headset and Ubuntu

zer0halo zerohalo at gmail.com
Tue May 17 21:09:31 UTC 2005

Has anyone on this mailing list managed to get a bluetooth headset
working with Ubuntu for things like VOIP (ie, Skype or similar)? I
have a bluetooth headset and it works great with VOIP on Windows but I
can't figure out how to get it working with Ubuntu (I have dual-boot
but 95% of the time I work in Ubuntu Hoary, which I find stable enough
for my main production environment, and only boot up into Windows when
I absolutely have to).

My laptop (Compaq X1000 with built-in bluetooth) does recognize my
headset when I scan for bluetooth devices. But there doesn't seem to
be any [easy] way to configure the connection to route audio through
to the bluetooth headset (like there is in Windows). Anyone know how?
(FYI, I'm using an IoGear headset.)

I know bluetooth works on my laptop as I use it to transfer files
between my Palm T3 and my laptop in Ubuntu .

Thanks.

--
"Impossible is nothing."