Installation report for Acer TravelMate 8100

strandlooper ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue May 17 20:26:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm using my brand new Acer Travelmate 8101WLMi and my OS is Hoary 5.04
which is basicly great and my respect to Mike Shuttleworth, Ubuntu
community, the forum and everybody else who made a contribution to
Ubuntu . Thank you.  :)

My concerns:

-acpi

-wireless LAN card, kill switch

-sound

I followed the posted advices and struggled around a lot but I didn't
experiance success on above mentioned items. I'm not a coder and I have
been using Linux for years now. From my understanding the acpi und
wirless card issue is much better supported by kernel 2.6.12.

My question:

Does it make sence to wait for kernel 2,6,12 to fix my problems and is
ther in issue date?

Cheers

Strandlooper

Your advice is appreciated