mp3, mpeg etc. do not playing...

Elcin Bextiyar Memmedzade arazaxirelcinellersadolur at gmail.com
Tue May 17 15:42:00 UTC 2005

hi all,
i installed yesterday evening the Ubuntu Hoary . i did not reach any problem
during installation it on my Targa visionary 7521T, including devices , usb
ports.
but i found that my media files from my last win xp computer which i placed
into 512Mb usb hdd and transferred it into my new ubuntu DO NOT playing
neither via Rhythmbox 0.8.8, no Totem. it says that it do not find the
needed "extension/plug in" (i translate this quotation from turkish) to play
mp3 or mpeg or wmv etc. files.
so, what is the solution?
thanks and best regards,

--