UBUNTU 5.04 submit bug

simi simi_id at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 10:30:36 UTC 2005

Yes, I suppose that but

> 3. Finally after installing all / (root) on ext3 and not choosing
anymore
> that /home to be on FAT32, UBUNTU installed, but after restart when
more
> packages need to be installed after 5 minutes which installed a part
of
> them, give an error that some packages weren't installed open apt and
let me
> choose what to install I've choosed all the packages which remains,
but
> after restart when to open X Server also give an error that can't
find don't
> know what and so on ...

Thanks
Catalin

<zindar at gmail.com> wrote:
Something went seriously wrong during your install. First of all, you
cannot use FAT32 for your home partition because FAT32 doesn't support
permissions and multi user facilities.

I think this confused the installer bigtime. I recommend that you
reinstall from scratch and I'm sure the installer will work just fine.

Regards,
Erik