program launcher design bug?

Evan Monroig evan.ubuntu at gmail.com
Tue May 17 10:30:04 UTC 2005

Hi,

One of the great features of linux is the multiple workspaces. Even if
you have multiple applications open at the same time, they are not all
over each other and are easier to find when you use several
workspaces.

But when you decide to launch an application, say openoffice.org or
firefox, and that it takes more than 0.5 seconds to launch, most of us
decide that we have something to do with another application in the
meanwhile. For example, you start writing a mail in evolution. But
what usually happens then is that the application you just launched
comes to the front of your workspace, even though you launched it in
the next one.

Wouldn't it be better if the application stayed where I told it to get launched?

Evan