UBUNTU 5.04 submit bug

simi simi_id at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 09:11:59 UTC 2005

Hi,
I've tryed to use bugzilla but I don't know how to use it. It tells me all the time that I have to choose a component and stuff like that.

I'm a newbie and I've just received UBUNTU CD's. I've tryied yesterday to install and no use:
1. I can't assign home directory /home to be mounted on a FAT32 partition. (don't know if this is a bug)
2. In partition manager on FAT32 partition I can click on it's size (4,1GB) and when I click on the size menu, it open a new window which has like title ???????? and another buttons also with ????? ?????? and I can't go forward or go back even with enter or escape only solution to press reset button.
3. Finally after installing all / (root) on ext3 and not choosing anymore that /home to be on FAT32, UBUNTU installed, but after restart when more packages need to be installed after 5 minutes which installed a part of them, give an error that some packages weren't installed open apt and let me choose what to install I've choosed all the packages which remains, but after restart when to open X Server also give an error that can't find don't know what and so on ...
I can't install UBUNTU :(
System Specs:
Amd Athlon XP (Barton) 2500+ @3200+ (FSB 400)
Asus A7N8X Deluxe 1008 bios
2x512 DDR 400 Kingmax
Maxtor MaxLine 2 S-ATA150 250GB HDD
Asus DVD-ROM E616P2
Asus DVD-RW 1604
BENQ 17" TFT monitor 8ms
Baoeder Scanner (USB)
Microsoft Internet Keyboard (PS2)
Microsoft Optical Blue Mouse (PS2)
Thrustmaster Firing GamePad (USB)
Chicony WebCam (USB)
500W Allied PSU
WinXP PRO + SP2 and maybe Linux
HDD:
1. Primary  20GB -> WinXP Pro - NTFS
2. Primary  10GB -> ReiserFS
3. Primary   4GB -> Fat32
4. Extended
5. Logical   1GB -> Linux Swap
6. Logical  40GB -> NTFS
7. Logical 170GB -> NTFS
Also I've tryed some kind of Xandros, but if I choose to install on partition 2 and partition 3&4 were primary, after installing and reboot they disapear ... unknown.
The only solution was to set right after primary partition where I've installed Xandros the rest of partition to make them logical in a big extended one. This was the only way not to delete them.