Ubuntu Wildfire

Michael Beattie mtbeedee at gmail.com
Mon May 16 20:44:07 UTC 2005

> Counting installs might be an option, the last step in installing Ubuntu
> cold be an opt-in to be counted. Don't really know how to do it. Maybe
> popularity-contest does it or can be hacked to do it...
>
> /M

Gentoo has a thing called gentoo-stats.  It's a package in their
portage tree that a user can install to basically count their machine
and add their system's hardware and stuff to a stats page somewhere so
people can see how many of each architecture gentoo is installed on
and what other hardware they might be using.

Maybe we could make a ubuntu-stats package?  I'd be willing to help with it.