recommendations for wiki like software or something beyond wikis

S. Donig my-mailfloods at web.de
Mon May 16 08:40:55 UTC 2005

> Hi folks, I was wondering if you folks could recommend some kind of web
> based
> content managed system that allows easy entry of various kinds of data.
> Mostly text based but with the possibility of inserting graphics. It
> would be nice
> if this system would allow for style sheets, and the ability to print
> hard copies.
> I suspect a wiki may be sufficient. Favourites?
Naturally I don't know what your needs are, but how about typo3 or zope?
Typo3 can be hard to set up, but both have as far I remember great
abilities in integrating additional content, for instance OpenOffice and
Word documents. Both have also an own management module for
images/image-galleries. Another nice one is WebGui.

zope: http://www.zope.org/
zope & oo.org: http://www.zope.org/Members/longsleep/CMFOODocument/
plone: http://www.plone.org/

typo3: http://typo3.com/ & http://typo3.org/